Friday, June 5, 2009

Upside Down Tomatoes!

Click pictures for high quality

Ive seen alot of talk about the upside down growing systems this year and thought I'd do a little experiment with it myself. I had some left over wood from a project and basically just built a long window planter on stilts. I cut 6 holes in the base and layered it with landscaping fabric. I used a bag of soil from the local nursery and picked 6 different types of tomatoes. I didnt get them labeled right so i dont have a clue which one is which.

They seem to be growing ok, a little slower than the garden tomatoes though. A bunch of these lil guys just popped out in the last few days.



When the hot Texas sun started coming out in the last month I had to water the planter almost daily, which I fixed by adding a layer of mulch on top, it did the trick and now the moisture lasts for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search
Privacy Policy